Hey y’all! My name is Dominique Nicole and most people either call me D, Dom, Domo, or Nicole…I really don’t care what you call me, just don’t call me COLLECT (ok, that definitely aged me, ha!) Many of you know me as a Fashion Designer, but I started this blog in 2021 after years of “wanting” and “preparing” to blog. All of my creative ideas simply couldn’t be expressed on social media.
This blog serves as a community of crafters and self-proclaimed “domestic artists” such as myself. My motto is “you can have it all” and I show you how to live a full and abundant lifestyle, starting with the simplest things like creativity, gratitude, and love.
Why You Should Stick Around:
If you love crafting, sewing, decor, fashion, baking and cooking, with a bit of self-improvement then you are in the right place! I merge the Arts and Domestic Sciences together, and show you the simple, real world application to your own life.
My goal is to show the average working and extremely busy person how to develop and craft a beautiful life with comfortable surroundings, starting within the home and working outward. Join the movement as we return back to loving our homes and lives…
Random Facts About Me:
Alright y’all lemme tell you guys a few things about me that you will learn more about as the time passes on…
- I have an extreme food aversion to Cilantro (so you WON’T be seeing any recipes with it)
- I LOVE black olives, green olives, any olives for that matter and I overload my quesadillas and pizzas with black olives.
- Pizza and ATL-Style Hot Wings are my faves (Ya’ll other cities got some work to do LOL)
- I love to make and bake sweets but I never had a sweet tooth so I rarely eat them
- I am a self-taught designer (one sewing class 11 yrs ago) who built an entire custom formal wear brand
- I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology and a Master’s Degree in Public Health
- I quit my “day job” in 2018 and never looked back!
- I have Louisiana roots so I love New Orleans, Creole and Cajun Cuisine and SEAFOOD
- OMG and how could I forget…I’m totally obsessed with my poodle-children Missy and Romeo!
I will be documenting everything, so please sign up for my mailing list and click allll the links to follow me on my socials! Let’s have some fun 🙂