I found my new favorite way to roast potatoes in the oven. I have tried this method several times and it never fails me. If you are a potato lover like me you will LOVE this recipe and this method of preparation. It’s so easy yet effective. The resulting potato slices are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. I have also found that the natural flavors and sweetness of the potato really shines through when using this cooking method.
I have tried this with small white potatoes, red potatoes, yellow potatoes and new potatoes. So far, so good, so I can imagine this recipe would work with just about any type of potato.
Sprinkle with a little ranch powder after cooling & Enjoy!
- 2lb White Potatoes (or any baby potatoes)
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (Do not sub for Margarine)
- 1 Pack Ranch Seasoning mix Powder ( or any herb/seasoning blend you like)
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Slice potatoes in 1/4” thick discs, set aside in a bowl
- Melt Butter
- Mix seasoning pack into melted butter, save a little bit for sprinkling at the end
- Pour melted butter mix into the bowl with the sliced potatoes and stir to coat potatoes
- Place sliced potatoes on a large light colored rimmed baking sheet in a single layer
- Pour remaining butter over the potatoes
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes per side
- Remove the Potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle remaining ranch powder over potatoes and serve
A darker pan will require less cooking time. I prefer a lighter pan for more even cooking and less scorching on the potatoes.
Potatoes on the edges of the pan may cook faster than those in the interior of the pan, just move them around if they are cooking too fast.